Thursday, July 7, 2011

Taco Seasoning

We love Mexican food. If the rest of the food in the world disappeared, we would be happy. My husband puts everything in a tortilla. Everything. We love having "Mexican night" complete with the music, decorations, and maybe even a little tequila.


What I don't love is premixed taco seasoning. I don't use very much salt in my cooking, so the salt taste is over whelming to me. Instead I prefer to make my own, and it's super easy! This is the recipe that I use for one pound of ground beef:

1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp sea salt (if you use a lot of salt you can add a little extra)
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (we often up it to 1/2 since we like spice!)
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne powder (optional!! Not meant for small children!)
1 tsp ground pepper
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp cumin

Once you have browned the beef, drain off any fat. Then sprinkle in the seasoning and about 1/4 cup of water. Cook until the water is gone. That's it, your meat is ready! You can also make larger quantities of this recipe and store them in an air tight container for the future. Just don't forget to warm up those taco shells!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting love! And I can't wait to hear what you have to say, bring it on!! And many thanks for taking your time to visit! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...