Friday, July 15, 2011

Tahini Sauce

Tahini is a ground sesame seed paste. I go through the stuff like crazy! It's one of the key ingredients in Hummus (or what I call Yummus!), but it can also be combined with yogurt to make a delicious sauce. You'll need:

1/2 cup tahini
1/2 cup yogurt (I use Greek yogurt, it's become so popular now you can find it everywhere)
1 lemon (or a couple of Tablespoons of lemon juice)
2 large garlic cloves
1 tsp paprika
Salt & pepper

Friends have told me that they've had difficulty locating tahini paste before. Most large grocery stores carry it, it's just a matter of figuring out where they shelve it.

Now, this is the easy part. Just simply mix all of the ingredients together! To make it smoother & creamier you can toss it into your food processor for a few moments. Add salt & pepper to your taste, and it's ready to eat! 

It's delicious with my falafel recipe. Or as a dip for vegetables. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting love! And I can't wait to hear what you have to say, bring it on!! And many thanks for taking your time to visit! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...