Sunday, October 30, 2011

Colored Sugar Sprinkles

You can easily pick up colored sugar sprinkles at the store for a couple of dollars per small bottle. But, if you're like me you either don't have the color you need or they've turned into one solid chunk of sugar. Not to fear, making your own is simple and only takes a few minutes.



You'll need:

Food coloring
Raw sugar


I assume you could use regular white sugar, but the consistency of the raw sugar is more like the sprinkles you purchase in the store.

For each color, put 1/4 cup of sugar in a container that has a lid. I use the tupperware containers I plan to store the sprinkles in. Then add 8 drops of food coloring

Take a whisk (or anything) and stir the sugar and food coloring



You don't need it to be perfectly distributed with the whisk. Instead, simply put the lid on and shake!


Viola! Colored sugar sprinkles! You can make whatever colors you want and only as much as you need. Easy and cheap...my favorite things!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting love! And I can't wait to hear what you have to say, bring it on!! And many thanks for taking your time to visit! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...