Friday, February 3, 2012

Ribs...in a crock pot?

Pin It

The first time I heard someone mention cooking ribs in a crock pot I turned my nose up towards the roof and quickly turned away. Ribs! In a crock pot?! Gross, seriously? I don't think so.

But then I heard it again. And again. And finally one day I felt lazy and like taking a risk. I went to the market and came home with ribs, determined to prove my point that ribs made in a crock pot were not good. I was wrong. Completely wrong, so wrong that we didn't even have left overs. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Crock pot ribs are delicious and so simple!!! So be brave and give it a try! You will need:

1 Rack of baby back ribs
1 1/2 cups of BBQ sauce of your choice
2 Tbl paprika
2 Tbl garlic powder
1/4 tsp cayenne powder
2 Tbl brown sugar
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

First cut your ribs into 3-4 pieces so they'll fit into the crock pot.


Mix together everything but the BBQ sauce and the ribs to make a rub. You could also use a pre made rub if you want to, for example I have a fabulous one my brother gave me. Otherwise, mix these spices together and rub all over your ribs.



I leaned my ribs against the side of the crock pot with the meat on the outside, but you can also just pile them on the bottom. Coat them with your BBQ sauce.

Turn the crock pot on low and go relax (or go to work!). Let them cook between 6-8 hours, I cooked mine for about 7. They'll be falling off of the bones and ready to eat!


Also, if you want you can put the ribs onto a foil lined baking sheet and coat more BBQ sauce onto them. Then throw them under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp them up more. I personally didn't do this because I couldn't wait to eat them!!! Make sure you grab an extra napkin.



Pin It

2 comments:

I love getting love! And I can't wait to hear what you have to say, bring it on!! And many thanks for taking your time to visit! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...